Schedules can be created weeks or even months in advance, if necessary. If you're transitioning from another software platform or using a spreadsheet to manage your current schedule, choose a date in the future (typically 2 weeks) that you would like to implement the CheddrSuite Scheduling system. It's important to inform staff of the change and provide written notice of the date that the new scheduling system will be activated.
All schedules created in CheddrSuite can be digitally text messaged or emailed to staff. These messages will be sent to the email and/or cell phone number listed in their profile, so please remind your staff to keep their profiles up-to-date. Schedules can also be printed and posted in-house for those with limited digital access.
Watch this video for a complete Scheduling Tool setup overview:
Here are the steps to create an employee schedule:
1. Make sure all staff are in CheddrSuite and listed for the correct positions.
2. Click on the Schedule tab on the left side of the screen.
3. Choose the tab at the top of the screen for the week you want to schedule.
4. Approve the estimated sales to help with budgeting.
5. Tap to add a shift.
6. Choose the position, start and end time, and the days that this shift takes place. Then, choose an employee to work the shift. Employee preferences, hours already scheduled, and cost of hours will be displayed.
7. Press "Save".
8. Repeat for all shifts for the week.
9. Once all shifts are assigned, you can choose to copy the current week and paste it to another week, save this schedule as a template for future scheduling, and print the schedule for in-house posting.
10. When you are satisfied, press the "Publish" button to send this schedule to all employees via email and/or text message. Please make sure that all employees have entered their up-to-date contact information in their profiles to ensure that they receive the schedule when it is published. If you would like, you can add a note to your employees about this week's schedule.